|Look at all that Pumpkiny Goodness!|
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tsp Instant Yeast or 1 scant Tbsp yeast (1 package)
- 1 cup Almond or Soy milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter or similar
- 1/2 cup Vegan sugar
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the water and set it asside.
- Warm the almond milk and earth balance in a small saucepan until the earth balance is melted. Combine this with the sugar in a large heat-proof mixing bowl and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in the pumpkin, and once the milk/butter/sugar/pumpkin mixture is cooled down to a warm temp, stir in the yeast.
- Add the salt and flour and mix together, I like to use a danish dough whisk for this, until all ingredients are incorporated. The dough should be sticky but still stay together in a ball.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for 2-3 hours until it doubles in bulk. Then move to the fridge and let it be overnight. This will help encourage gluten formation since we are not kneading the dough. I use 6qt Food Storage containers, will a small hole poked in the lid.
|IT'S ALIVE! AAALLLIIVVVEEE!!!|
Tonight I'll be rolling out, covering in sugar and pecan goodness, cutting, and placing in baking dishes. Where I will then cover and place back in the fridge till baking.
Om Nom Namaste,