|Left: Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodle|
Right: Chocolate Chip Walnut w/ Orange Zest and Cardamom
My chocolate chip recipe is modified from the Ghirardelli recipe found on the semi-sweet chocolate chip bag.
- 2-1/4C unsifted flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1-1/2tsp cardamom
- 1C Earth Balance (2 sticks, I used Earth Balance buttery spread)
- 1C packed brown sugar
- 1/2C sranulated sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2Tbsp milled flax seed
- 6Tbsp water
- 1Tbsp dried orange zest
- 12oz bag ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375
- Using a form to stir, combine flax seed, water, orange zest, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Set aside for 2 minutes
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cardamom in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat together sugar and butter substitute until light and creamy.
- Add vanilla, flax, water, and zest mixture and beat until incorporated.
- In 2-3 small batches mix in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, then press plastic wrap down in the bowl so that it covers the dough, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drop rounded table spoons onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, and bake for 12 minutes, makes 3 dozen cookies.
When they are all done, wrap them up, stick them in containers or bags, tie a little bow, and ship to hungry random people from the internet!
|Thats a half dozen of the snickerdoodles on top, and 8|
chocolate chip walnut in the container.