Garnished with a bit of nooch, fresh pepper,
and some rosemary from the cutting board.
- 4 small or 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1lbs apple, cored and diced (I didn't peel mine)
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Paprica
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 3 Tbsp Tamari or Brags Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp fresh finely chooped rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1tbsp flour
- Sweat the carrots and onion in olive oil till the onions are translucent
- Add veggie broth and sweet potato, and bring to a simmer.
- Add spices, liquid smoke, and liquid aminos, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes
- Add in apple and let cook an additional 5 minutes, or until apple is cooked slightly but still crisp on the inside.
- Remove about 1/4c of the liquid, and whisk with the flour, then re-add and stir into pot, let simmer for an extra minute.
If you try this let me know how it turns out, or maybe what you do to change it up.