The ingredients were quick and easy:
- 2c Shredded Potato (If using frozen, let thaw for several minutes)
- 1tbsp Milled Flax Seed
- 3tbsp Water
- 1tbsp Flour
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4c Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4tsp Baking Powder
- Oil for pan frying. ~1/4c or less (I used Grape Seed)
- In a bowl, combine the Water and Flax Seed, and let sit for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Flour, Salt, Pepper, and Baking Powder, and stir.
- Add Onion and Potato, and mix till well coated and combined.
- In a non-stick (I prefer cast iron) skillet over medium heat, add your oil.
- Form int 2-3 patties, and using your spatula slide into the oil. Let cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown on both.
I like mine served with apple sauce, but you can also use some vegan sour cream, or if you're a wild one both.