So I've made a fair amount of vegan food from recipes that I'm getting adventourus. So here is my first 100% random pantry grab recipe.This was an experiment that turned out pretty tasty, so I thought I'd share and ask for input and or tips.
I layered it on a warm pita with a little veganaise, sliced tomato, and baby mixed greens, sprinkled with some Nutr yeast flakes. Ate it folded like a soft taco
- 1c Water
- 1tsp Better Than Bouillon no beef
- 2tbsp Brags Liquid Aminos, or Soy Sauce
- 1c TVP (dry volume)
- 1can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Onion Powder
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1/2tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4c Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4c Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4c Vital Wheat Gluten
- Bring water to a boil, (I used the microwave and did this step all in a 2c measuring cup) then add in the bouillon and stir to dissolve. Add the Brags or soy sauce, and then add your cup of TVP and mix. Let this sit 5 minutes to rehydrate.
- Mash up your rinsed black beans in a mixing bowl (or stand mixer as I did), add in the TVP and spices, mix till well combined. Mix in the Flax Seed and Nutritional Yeast, finally add the Vital Wheat gluten and mix till well combined.
- Makes about 6 patties, cook on a stick resistant pan or griddle with a little olive oil. I did mine on my grill press using the griddle plates, so took about 4-5 minutes to cook. I would guestimate about 4 min per side otherwise. I froze the extra patties to use for a quick meal later, just like you would one of those store bought patties with the crazy ingredients list.